Wednesday, September 16, 2009

An Introduction

HI I'm Zach and I live in Israel, this is my poker blog.

I learned to play poker from my grandfather when I was a boy. He had made good money on the troop ship coming home from WWII and thought the family needed to learn to play. So we played penny ante cards at their house in Laconia NH when I was a kid. This was all 5 card draw and 7 card stud, we had never heard of Texas Hold'em in those days. From about the age of 8 or 10 until a few months ago (I'm 36 now) I had not played really at all.

Well a few months back my boss decided to hold an office tournament of No Limit Hold'em. Freeroll style, he put up 400* Shekels for first prize and 200 for 2nd. I went in thinking it would be a nice change and hoped I would not be the first one out. I was rather shocked when I actually won the whole thing. The next month we held it again, and I won it again. So all of the sudden I have 800 shekels that I was not expecting to have and found that I really enjoy the game.

This blog is part of my plan to improve my play. I am planning to play online tournaments with playmoney for now and real money when I am up to it. For each season I hope to derive some sort of lesson for myself and anyone else out there who might be interested.


* 400 Shekels is about $105 US

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full Tilt Poker