Thursday, September 17, 2009

Careful of a straight draw

Lesson, why you don't draw the straight, get out
I was in the small blind position
My hole cards where A♥K♣ , blinds were 5/10 (play money)

A bunch of players call around to me, I raise to 50, 6 players call, 2 fold. Flop is J♥K♥Q♠. I need a 10 here for a straight, so its worth staying in (I think feel free to tell me why not) and at least I have a pair of Kings. I start the betting at 50, then am raised to 100, everyone calls.

Turn is 7♦ I bet 50, another player raises to 400, (I should have folded here). 3rd player calls all in.

River is 9♦. At this point there is a possible straight on the table and I only have a pair of kings. I check. Other player bets 400, I call.

Dumb. Between the turn and the river I am out 750 on a hand I should not have tried to make. When I was raised on the turn I should have folded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full Tilt Poker